$36 per Metre
1 quantity = 0.25m - $9
Merchant & Mills
A very special washed denim, soft handle and truly versatile.
- 150cm wide, 225gsm or 8oz. .
- 100% cotton
- This fabric will fade over time, avoid storing or drying in direct sunlight.
- Thread match Gutermann Sew All 112.
We recommend pre washing your fabric before sewing. Putting a large piece of medium-heavy weight cloth into the washing machine can sometimes lead to white creases in the fabric, this is because it is a stiff fabric so it doesn’t have room to move around. We recommend doing the following to help this not to happen:
- Wash your fabric on its own for the first wash.
- Sink your fabric in water before hand, letting it fully absorb, so you are putting in the cloth already wet.
- If you can break up your fabric into half this will help.
- For the first wash use a delicate 30 degree cycle with a low spin.
- If any white creases develop ironing whilst still damp will help.
- Do not tumble dry.
When you have made the garment we would recommend washing it inside out.
8oz denim is suitable for the following patterns in our Workbook: Strides, Saltmarsh and Haremere. Please be aware that when this is washed at the mill the selvedges can become distressed.
- Fabric pricing is for 0.25m fabric (1 quantity = 0.25m)
- You can order in 0.25m increments (i.e. 4 quantities = 1m x width of fabric)
- Orders of 0.5m (2 quantities) or more will be cut as one continuous length
- Orders of 0.25m (1 quantity) will be cut across the full width of fabric (25cm x fabric width) unless you specify “fat quarter not width of fabric” in the special instruction box of your checkout cart