$36 per Metre
1 quantity = 0.25m - $9
Merchant & Mills
A very special washed denim, soft handle and truly versatile.
- 150cm wide,
- 225gsm or 8oz.
- 100% cotton
- This fabric will fade over time, avoid storing or drying in direct sunlight.
- Thread match Gutermann Sew All 711.
We recommend pre washing your fabric before sewing. Putting a large piece of medium-heavy weight cloth into the washing machine can sometimes lead to white creases in the fabric, this is because it is a stiff fabric so it doesn’t have room to move around. We recommend doing the following to help this not to happen:
- Wash your fabric on its own for the first wash.
- Sink your fabric in water before hand, letting it fully absorb, so you are putting in the cloth already wet.
- If you can break up your fabric into half this will help.
- For the first wash use a delicate 30 degree cycle with a low spin.
- If any white creases develop ironing whilst still damp will help.
- Do not tumble dry.
When you have made the garment we would recommend washing it inside out.
The dress pictured is the Ellis pattern.
8oz denim is suitable for the following patterns in our Workbook: Strides, Saltmarsh and Haremere. Please be aware that when this is washed at the mill the selvedges can become distressed.
- Fabric pricing is for 0.25m fabric (1 quantity = 0.25m)
- You can order in 0.25m increments (i.e. 4 quantities = 1m x width of fabric)
- Orders of 0.5m (2 quantities) or more will be cut as one continuous length
- Orders of 0.25m (1 quantity) will be cut across the full width of fabric (25cm x fabric width) unless you specify “fat quarter not width of fabric” in the special instruction box of your checkout cart